Monday, October 08, 2007
8th October 2007 1:59 AM

I'm back for an indefinite moment of time.
I think all of you should listen to Scarborough Fair. I heard it on the radio today, the version by Simon & Garfunkel and I found the tune very familiar.
Thus, I did some research. A very freaky coincidence.

"During late Medieval times the seaside resort of Scarborough was an important event for tradesmen from all over England. It was host to a huge 45-day trading event, starting August 15, which was exceptionally long for a fair in those times. Merchants came to it from all areas of England, Europe, Norway, Denmark, the Baltic and the Byzantine Empire. Scarborough Fair originated from a charter granted by King Henry III of England on 22 January 1253. The charter, which gave Scarborough many privileges, stated "The Burgesses and their heirs forever may have a yearly fayre in the Borough, to continue from the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary until the Feast of St Michael next following". On the modern Roman Catholic calendar, the equivalent dates are August 15 to September 29. "

Notice the freaky coincidence. Apparently, the fair ends on my birthday! Maybe? Nah! I'm just blabbering nonsense. :) But you should really check it out! Free advertising. It sounds really old, like elfen music (is that even the correct spelling?) and sounds really mythical.

Check out some links for it.

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQaD2CAi9A
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxHUMPtQM9g (this is the acoustic guitar version)

Since this is my return, well sort of, I'll make this post probably my longest one.

On saturday, my cousin held her wedding, and the thing is, watching her walk down the aisle just gave me a very nostalgic sense. How would it feel to be that bride? How would it feel to be with the one you loved, knowing that you would be together for that long time, have children? And then I wondered, how would I feel if it were my daughter up there, getting married? It's just too surreal. It seemed like only yesterday when that same cousin's brother had his wedding. And then you realise, time really flies. If that can happen it such a short time, what will happen to me in future? What of my past?

Have I really learned to let go and move on. Or have I really become an outsider to my own self. Thinking of the past and future makes me scared. Because I don't really know what I've done, because I don't really know what I'm going to do. Will the people I really treasure still be with me then, or would we have gone our separate ways?

I wonder when I stopped caring about certain things, or maybe it's just me yearning for it.


wilkommen
My Boyfriend is Music

all about moi
Rachel
29 September
Libra
NYJCian
Cedarian


Toilet Bowl




affiliates
alvina
azrina
belle
cathlin
cheryl
fiona
hui chun
lisa
liyana
nabila
nurul
penelope
sherri
steffi
wai leng
xin ya
yi min
zarque

keep them in clouds if you want.